From:
Kenneth Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kenneth Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 19:06:29 -0400
On Mon, 22 Mar 1999, John Whelan wrote:

> Lance Riegert asks:
>
> > Hey, does anyone think that one more ECAC team should have entered
> > the NCAAs? RPI (or Princeton), I feel, should be the last team to
> > make the Nationals.

<snip>

> There was some ambiguity this year, and I
> guessed the wrong one of the two likely possibilites, but the only
> difference was the substitution of Notre Dame for OSU.

Just pulling the top 12 teams off of KRACH would have made the same
substitution, by the way. (I had OSU 14th, and RPI 13th, so I would have
picked RPI ahead of OSU but not Notre Dame.)

Having spent a few minutes trying to arrange brackets based on
seeding-by-KRACH, I have to say that the committee did a very good job.
Trying to keep teams in their own region and yet not pairing them with
conference rivals (either in the first round or potentially in the second)
is really hard to do!

--
Ken Butler  /  [log in to unmask]  /  http://mscs.dal.ca/~butler
                 Tants caps, tants barrets.