From:
Keith Kannenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Keith Kannenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 18:04:20 -0500
> So, those who were at both games:  was Doiron not as bad Friday as
> Saturday?  Or did it just not matter?

I noticed the difference in spellings too and was somewhat confused
when I was doing the box scores since I was sure it was the same
guy (it was also 2am).

While I don't recall thinking that Doiron was calling ridiculous
penalties on Friday night, I do remember thinking that there were
a lot of calls in the game. I think the difference in perception
simply relates to the final scores of the two games. When one team
is dominating play and winning by 4 or more goals in the second
period, the penalty calls take on much less significance. I was
too busy enjoying Cornell's offensive outburst to worry about the
officiating. On Saturday, the game was close throughout and the
penalty calls took away from the flow of the game and seemed
likely to determine the outcome (all four goals were on the power
play). As a result, the actions of the referee were much more
apparent.
Keith Kannenberg
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web: http://mae.cornell.edu/kannenb/