From:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 16:00:37 -0600
On Tue, 17 Nov 1998, Russell Jaslow wrote:

> John Edwards <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> > Saturday afternoon (Women's):
> > Minnesota Golden Gophers 10
> > Bemidji State Beavers     0
> >  Minnesota outshot Bemidji 68-1.
>
> Okay, it has to be asked.  If Bemidji *never* got a shot on goal, then
> what would the save percentage be for the Minnesota goaltender?  0% or 100%?

My first impulse is to say that would be infinite, as that's what most
things divided by 0 are. But I'm not sure about 0/0. I think my Physics
prof mentioned it last year, but I think I was half asleep.

That said, most spreadsheets would just report it as ERR!. :-)

FWIW, I didn't actually get to see the shot on goal. I left Winnipeg too
late, and missed the first period.

John Edwards,
Stats Geek, Manitoba Women's Hockey Team

--
 John Edwards - Carleton (Ont) '96, Manitoba '00 - [log in to unmask]
John's Scoreboard '98 - Manitoba & Carleton 248 - Next: Manitoba vs Dalhousie