From:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Nov 1998 21:52:42 -0600
On Sun, 1 Nov 1998, Brett C. Harvey wrote:

> Anyone have any details on the ND v. UMD game from Saturday night?

I taped the game last night. I will try to post something of a box score
later tonight (when I have more procastinating to do). :-)

UND won 4-1 with three goals late in the third period.

> The paper here only mentions two major fights with 5 people from each team
> being ejected...
>
> Who was ejected?

I'll have to look at the tape again to refresh my memory. I know that Brad
DeFauw was tossed for UND in the first period. He was ejected for running
Brant Nicklin, leading to the first of the two brawls. (In DeFauw's
semi-defence, Nicklin was behind the net playing the puck when DeFauw hit
him.)

One from each team was tossed in the first brawl. The other eight DQs
happened in a brawl that took place midway through the third. I'm not
sure what set the second one off.

> Here I thought Minnesota and ND had the big rivalry.... I guess UMD has
> taken over for Minnesota.

Funny thing about that - UMD's jerseys this year have the Minnesota "M"
on the shoulders (with Duluth written in tiny, tiny letters inside the
M). Perhaps the Sioux couldn't tell the difference. ;-)

See you later,
John

--
 John Edwards - Carleton (Ont) '96, Manitoba '00 - [log in to unmask]
John's Scoreboard '98 - Manitoba & Carleton 231 - Next: Manitoba vs Alberta