From:
Bob Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 1996 08:28:52 -0500
I, too, have often wondered why the NC$$ insists on putting the hockey finals
and the squeak finals on the same weekend. In 1988 I sat in on a panel
discussion of NC$$ officials and coaches at Lake Placid. A sportswriter from a
Montreal newspaper stood up during the question and answer session and said, "I
knew nothing about your tournament and wondered why they sent me. You have a
wonderful showcase! Why are you hiding it under the basketball playoffs?" What
followed was a lot of nervous glancing (Who's gonna handle this one?), and lots
of mumbling about concern for the student athlete, fear of extending the season
another week, etc. They never really addressed or answered the question, as if
to say "Son, some things are possible ... and some things aren't."

Bob Hall
BG '72