From:
Greg Friedman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Greg Friedman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 1996 15:44:18 EST
Re: The Brown/Cornell game this weekend, I'm surprised that nobody so
far has mentioned anything about the game beyond play. I agree that
Cornell put on a hell of a performance, but in the penalty box as
well as the ice. Brown put in a strong performance in this arena as well.
Along with a slew of fights (including one that stopped play for at least
ten minutes while the refs counted up penaltires), I counted seven
unsportsmanlike conduct penalties between the two teams. I wonder
if someone closer to the action could comment on these. I believe that
some stemmed from players angered at being disallowed to take a face off
(by the way, what is that rule anyway. WHat gives linesmen that right
and in what situations).

All in all, despite a lot of very clean play, it was a very dirty game
at points. I think there were eight men in the penalty box at the final
buzzer: five of whom were cornell players who conceivably could have lightened
up with thirty seconds to go and a two goal lead.

Greg Friedman