From:
George Costanza <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
George Costanza <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 1996 23:13:55 -0600
I am sorry to keep this going, but I thought I would just add my $.02
into the argument.  In regards to everyone who posted that people should
not throw anything on the ice at any time, I would like to know if they
agree or disagree with the octopus being thrown out on the ice (is this
the Red Wings).  It would seem to me, that if you say that people cannot
throw things on the ice, it would include this.  Am I correct?
        As far as people throwing things on the ice during the game, I do
agree that it must be stopped before it either injures a player and/or
goes past a point where nothing can be done.  However, what about ONE
gopher being thrown after the first goal (similar to the octopus) and
then NOTHING else?
        One other thing, for anyone unfamiliar with the UND/UM series,
the tradition of throwing dead gophers on the ice has been around for
many years.  I have been told by a person who went to UND many years ago,
that a dead gopher was thrown in front of the zamboni and became stuck in it.
                                                CBell
|/////Vancouver Canucks #1 in 95-96!!\\\\\\||| This message is from |
|<<<<<Sioux yeah yeah!>>>>>                |||    >> da haus <<     |
| Latest college hockey polls: finger -m -l [log in to unmask] |
[log in to unmask]  meteorologist|
|Today's forecast:  Partly, mostly with a slight chance of weather  |