From:
Karen Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 1996 20:45:08 -0500
My posting here is really not about the games, which I thought were
incredibly boring and certainly not a good advertisement for college hockey.
 My question is for you sound engineers out there.  How can 17,000+ college
hockey fans fill an arena and not make any noise?  My premise is that they
are but, because of the acoustics of the place, the noise is deadened.  This
was my 2nd hockey game at the Fleet (Bruins-Tampa Bay a couple of weeks ago)
and one thing I have noticed is that it is difficult to hear the whistles.
 Did anybody else notice this?  IM(layman)O, the ceiling is to high, the
noise made is dispersed  so that it seems if the crowd is not into the game.
 Now, the crowd may not have been into the games but, if this is true, it
will be a first for the Beanpot.  I'd be curious to hear the point of view of
others on this plus other comparisons of the Fleet vs. the Garden.  Here's
hoping the final is better.

Greg Ambrose