From:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 1996 09:46:44 -0700
However, we should all remember that in making the transition to D-I, all
bets are off.  At my campus, coaches in the transition were given a year
or two to "cut the mustard" at D-I (coming from D-II) in all the sports,
and if they did, fine, if not, they got replaced, usually with people with
a lot of D-I recruiting contacts, not necessarily better coaches.
Unfortunately that is the harsh world of D-I athletics, win or get canned.
 Once a decision is made to go aheead at Mankato State, I would be very
surprised if such considerations were not tossed around on campus.

Tony Buffa
RPI '64
Physics Dept
Cal Poly SLO --out of their D-I minds with 10 wins already compared to 1
last year, and yes, a new coach!  :-)