From:
Karen Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 1996 21:27:57 -0500
My wife asked the question based on the format of last year which was a one
game elimination.  Now that it has been cleared up that HE is going back, yet
again, to 2 out of 3, I want to know why.  It's beginning to appear as though
HE switches back and forth depending on the perceived overall strength of the
league. If a one game elimination was good last year (and as a UNH fan I
don't think it was), why is it not good this year?  Secondly, if we are to
have 2 out of 3, considering the proximity of the schools involved, why not
make the odd game be played at the lower seeds' rink?  This is how multi-
game playoffs are arranged in other sports.  I just wish the higher ups would
decide on a format and stick with it instead of confusing the fans, even
knowledgable ones like us.

Greg Ambrose, GO BLUE!!