From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 1996 23:32:24 -0100
This is an administrative message sent to HOCKEY-L and INFO-HOCKEY-L.
Readers of both lists and of HOCKEY-D will see this twice.  I apologize for
that and will keep it short.

1. As a reminder, INFO-HOCKEY-L exists for people to post information about
college hockey.  It must not be used for discussions or to ask questions.
HOCKEY-L exists for discussion about college hockey and is the right place
to ask questions.  I am pointing this out because I have had to "not
approve" a large number of messages sent to INFO-HOCKEY-L lately, messages
that seem to indicate that the posters may not be aware of the distinction
between the lists.  This may be because we have a large number of new
subscribers as of recent weeks.

When sending a post to a list, please take a moment to make sure that you
are sending it to the correct list.  And remember that replies to posts on
INFO-HOCKEY-L should go to HOCKEY-L since such replies constitute
discussion.

2. If you send a post to a list and receive a message from LISTSERV telling
you that your post is awaiting approval by the moderator, please do not
send the post to another list instead.  As mentioned above, information
posts should go to INFO-HOCKEY-L, and discussion posts should go to
HOCKEY-L.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me or one of the other admins.
I am the administrator for INFO-HOCKEY-L.  Bill Fenwick is the admin for
HOCKEY-L.  Bill's address for such questions is:

Thanks,

Mike Machnik                   [log in to unmask]            *HMM* 11/13/93