From:
"Klein, Steve" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Klein, Steve
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 1995 10:31:00 PST
One more thought on this odd Munn Arena controversy.
I'm glad Michigan fans FINALLY care.
Used to be, BEFORE MICHIGAN STARTED WINNING, that half the crowd at Yost at
a UM-MSU game were Spartan fans.
Now, these Johnny-come-lately bandwagon Michigan fans are experts on
state-of-the-art hockey facilities.
Hey, I like the atmosphere in Yost, too, except for vulgarities (at least
they don't throw marshmellows on the ice).
I wish Munn was nosier. I think it's held up well for a 20-year-old
facility.
But it's a great facility for a great program at an excellent school.
Why on earth trash the facility? Maybe it's just another way for some
Michigan fans to trash Michigan State.
Are we a little jealous here?
If so, I guess it's a backhanded compliment.
Steve Klein