From:
Mark Sonnier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 1995 13:59:29 -0800
On Thu, 31 Aug 1995, Rick A McAdoo wrote:

**snipped a bit**

> While the public school competition may not be at the level of the Catholic
> or prep schools, I think Blake can hold his own in any competitive level.

I've gotten this impression through the postings of my esteemed Eastern
colleagues.  Here Rick is referring to MA high school hockey.  It is my
understanding that public school hockey is more competitive out West, as
it is here in Alaska.  (In fact, private school hockey is limited to
Monroe Catholic in Fairbanks, who often have trouble dressing a second
line...)  I'd be interested in confirming my hypothesis through some
nationwide (and Canadian, for that matter) perspectives.

Regards,
Mark Sonnier
University of Alaska Fairbanks
Class of 1990

"Look out CCHA, here come the 'Nooks - and you thought Binky was bad!"