From:
Dave Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Aug 1994 17:52:53 -0400

> Lonnie Grantham writes:
>

>         I visited the HoF last April with three friends from Cornell.
> I enjoyed the new installation (three of us had been to the old one
> two years ago); all of us, however, felt that it was a little bit more
> "high tech" than necessary, and one of us felt that there was not enough
> "Gretzky stuff" (the old HoF had a 1-hour video loop on The Great One)
> and not enough "historical highlight stuff" (like the old HoF had on
> video) and too mmany "hands-on games."

Well, that'll vary from one person to another.  When my nine year old son and
I were in Toronto for a tournament this summer, we had time to either go to
the Hall of Fame or to Niagara Falls.  He chose the Hall of Fame and liked one
of the "hands-on" games the best.  His favorite was where you got to play goalie
against a couple "virtual" forwards.  His second favorite, though, was the
Great Hall, where all the trophies were.  He took almost an entire
roll of film in there and used the pictures in a school report.
My own favorite was the loop of hightlight footage that you see coming into
the HoF.  That was my favorite even though the first one we saw was Guy
LaFleur's Too Many Men on the Ice goal against the Broons.  :-(

It seemed to me that there was a pretty decent mix of hands-on and historical
stuff.

DaveH