From:
Rick Nimtz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rick Nimtz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jun 1994 14:49:11 -0500
James Old wrote:

>Two neutral site games surprised me.  The first is against Notre Dame in the
>Palace of Auburn Hills (Oct 29).  It doesn't seem to me that the Lakers and
>Notre Dame are going to draw enough to justify this.  Although some college
>hockey games in and about Detroit have drawn VERY well, these all involved
>either Michigan or Michigan State.  I realize the Lakers are national
>champions and Notre Dame is a draw in itself, but that doesn't seem like
>enough.  I wondered if there was a Michigan-Michigan State matchup scheduled
>for the Palace on the same day or something.

Is the Notre Dame game at the Palace a home game for LSSU or ND? Notre Dame
played in the first hockey game at the Palace against Michigan, the game
was scheduled as a home game for ND. Notre Dame wore the white sweaters and
all that. The crowd of course was rooting for Michigan. Maybe a LSSU-ND
game will have a better balance of fans.

-Rick Nimtz
-South Bend, Indiana