From:
Charlie Shub <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 25 Mar 1994 12:23:15 MST
we, of all people, really ought to understand that we can't blindly
trust computer generated numbers.

A terrible injustice was done in the tournament bracketing this year.
I know it, most of you know it, and from the quotes we saw in the
paper (my last article) it sounds like the selection committee even
knew it.

To date, i haven't seen articles that are supportive of the selection
results.  I've seen good articles by mike and keith (among others)
explaining how the FLAWED process yielded the results that were yielded.

the good thing is that there will be change.  The bad thing is that
once again the athletes get short shrift.

charlie shub
[log in to unmask]  -or-  cdash@colospgs (BITNET)
(719) 593 3492               (fax) 593-3369