Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 91 18:21:16 EST
I can only envision one circumstance where BC would not get a bye.
If Maine were to win the Hockey East tournament, they would most likely
get top seed in the east despite BC's head-to-head advantage and
outstanding record vs. top 10 opponents. If Clarkson or
Cornell wins the ECAC tournament, the committee just might give
the second seed to one of them, if for no other reason than to
follow the pattern of one bye to each conference. I can't picture
anyone else being vaulted over BC for the bye, and if further
upsets occur in either or both tournaments, BC would probably
still get #1 east seed. From what I've seen, the conference
tournaments have only served to "break ties" in the committee's mind
regarding position rather than qualification (e.g, BC-Maine
finals the last two years in HE). I'd guess the #1 seed is Maine's to
lose now, #2 will bring up a *LOT* of discussion should Clarkson
come away with the tourney as well as regular season championship
against a head to head loss vs. BC...Any thoughts on this one guys?

On a completely different topic, I was in Lake Placid in '84
pulling for my uncle's Falcons and the winner looked OK to me.
(But I was way up in the stands rooting for BG, so who knows!)
How about the goal late in the third that tied it up for BG,
I remember it taking a crazy carom off the boards behind the net
when the goalie was playing it and popping out in front of
a completely empty net, somewhat of a freak. Guess it was
destiny...

		Mark Daly
		dissappointed Hockeyfest ticket holder who WON'T
		get to see ALL the top eight teams in the east
		(as advertised) now that the damn Eagles
		couldn't get themselves	up for a PLAYOFF game...