Date:
Sun, 30 Jan 1994 11:17:38 EST
Several University of Maine streaks ended this weekend with the sweep
by the Northeastern Huskies at Alfond Arena.  Friday night was the first
time since the 1984-85 season that Alfond Arena was not sold out.
Also, with the loss Saturday, it was the first time that the University
of Maine was swept at home since the Boston College Eagles swept UM in
1989.  Furthermore, UMaine suffered its first losing month since 1986,
going 3-4-1 for the month of January.  The Bear's dominance at Alfond also
has come to a crashing halt this season.  Prior to this season UMaine
had lost only three home games this decade, but have now lost double that
at home in just a half season.

As for the speculation around the Jeff Tory case, thats all it is at this
point.  Nothing has been decided yet, and true to form, the NC$$ is taking
their time sorting this through.  I also get the feeling that they are
doing more investigating than just into the Jeff Tory situation; but again,
that is just my own speculation.  I don't think the NC$$ is going to have

to worry about banning the Bears from post season play...at this point
UMaine is barely clinging to the top half of their league, and their
performance on the ice hardly hardly qualifies them to defend the
title at the NC$$'s.

         John Forsyth
         February 19, 1993: A date which shall live in infamy.
         1991-1993 73-5-2, 2 rings and an NCAA title