From:
S Christopher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
S Christopher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 1993 11:21:32 EST
It looks like Bresnan TV WILL carry the telecast of the Boston
U-Northern Michigan game tonight. At least, I have some promising
intelligence on the subject.

I decided to emulate Carol White in Minneapolis and pester Bresnan.
I found out NESN is carrying the Worcester games today, thanks to a
Hockey-L poster.  In the process of trying to get Bresnan's manager's
unlisted phone numbers, then break through on his home phone (long set
of busy signals), then finding he wasn't home after all but at the
office, then talking to the office (again) and still not getting him,
but being told I should talk to someone else, and being put on hold
while waiting for this other person to talk to me, I put on the channel
Bresnan uses as a bulletin board and occasional special events.
Suddenly the school lunch menus were replaced with an NESN program.  The
secretary finally came back on the line and I told her what I'd just
seen, that I hoped this meant they had anticipated my request.  I said,
"Does what I see right now mean that we will see this evening's game?"
Her reply was, "I didn't tell you this, but probably."

Now Erik Biever has just informed me that MSC is carrying BOTH games
from Worcester tonight, so that may make it even easier (cheaper?) for
Bresnan to serve its area with the telecast.

Keep your fingers crossed, Wildcat fans!!!

 *  Steve Christopher, NMU  [log in to unmask]             * * * *    *
 *  NCAA Division I Hockey National Champions  1990-91   *   GO   *   *
 *  NCAA Division I Hockey Final Eight 1991-92           *        *
 *  WCHA League Champions 1990-91                        * 'CATS! *   *
 *  WCHA Playoff Champions 1988-89/1990-91/1991-92 . . .   * * * *    *