From:
R David Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
R David Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jul 1992 12:42:59 EDT
> Can anyone explain to me why you would move the tournament from its'
> traditional home, ostensibly because it wasn't centrally located, to a
> location in the isolated hinterlands?
>
> Does anyone have an address or phone number for Joe Bertagna?
>
> Jon Greene
> RPI '82, Cornell '84

I have to agree with this.  Why move it from a place that was too far away from
the majority of teams (except Dartmouth, Harvard, Brown and Yale) to a place
that is again, too far away from the majority of teams (except Vermont, SLU,
Clarkson, and RPI)?  If the point was to get a more central location, the Knick
should have ben the only venue considered.  Otherwise, they might as well have
left it at the Gahden and continued the tradition.  Well, maybe Albany will get
it in '94.  I guess this means that Hockeyfest is dead.

--
Dave [log in to unmask]
Cornell '91 OSU Med '95