From:
"Craig A. McGowan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Craig A. McGowan
Date:
Fri, 3 Apr 1992 09:14:05 EST
IN GENERAL

It was great to see the streets of Albany populated with hordes of people
wearing their school colors!  Much better than the usual collection of dull
grey suits you usually see on a Thursday afternoon.  The attendance was
quoted as 11,444 for the second game, and around 10,000 for the first.  On
the 11:00 news, they said that the evening game was the largest crowd to
watch a hockey game in our new arena!  Of course, the record will be
short-lived, as everyone says that the final is nearly sold out.

NIGHT GAME

Well, it sure looks like Wisconsin is the team to beat tommorrow night.
They definitely played the best hockey through three full periods of the
four teams that showed up here yesterday.  They also had, by far, the best
cheering section.

As someone already mentioned, Michigan outplayed Wisconsin through the first
half of the game, but they seemed to lose interest around the halfway point
and only show glimses of their earlier brilliance from then on.

AFTERNOON GAME

At least one and a half teams showed up for the game, neither team showed up
for the first game!  It was one of the slowest, sloppiest games I have seen
this year.  I found it really hard to believe that MSU was able to beat a
team like Maine after seeing them against Lake State.  And Lake State beat
Minnesota by a score of 8-3?

TOMMORROW

I sure hope that LSSU shows up for this one, otherwise they can expect to be
soundly beaten.  The wild card is Madeley (sp?), who did make a number of
nice saves against Mich. State.  I expect the game to be dominated by
Wisconsin, but Madeley will keep LSSU in the game.  My prediction:
Wisconsin 3, Lake State 2.