From:
"Dr. Tim Newman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2007 10:02:35 -0600
> Do CHA teams suck compared to everyone else?  Using Nathan's logic, I'd
> say they do.  I would bet that a lot of premier D-3 teams would give
> anyone in that conference a run for their money.  But is that what Rick
> Comley is saying?  If so, then he should be careful what he wishes for,

Several of the CHA and AH teams were previously D-2 programs that played
some of the premier D-3 teams fairly regularly.  Someone might want to
sense is that in years in which those old D-2 programs would have been
good enough to win a conference of comparable teams, they had strong
records against the premier D-3  teams.  I'm not sure if those old D-2
programs that are now playing D-1 are better or worse now than they were
then.  They can award more scholarships, so maybe they are better now.
But maybe not all of them are using their additional scholarships, or
maybe they aren't recruiting any better than they were before.

Tim Newman