From:
David Parter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Mar 1992 13:35:17 CST
I don't have the box score, so I'll just give a quick recap...

Wiscosin opened the scoring, and led 1-0 after 1. St. Cloud then got
three goals, to take a 3-1 lead, before Wisconsin came back to tie it
at 3-3 after 2.  St. Cloud's goals came during a 5-10 minute period in
which they seeemd to really have the momentum.  Wisconsin's second goal
came 9 seconds into a powerplay, and goal number three was a few
minutes later, on a big shoit from the high slot by Barry Richter, as
he was being sandwiched and checked from behind by 3 Huskies (that
isn't a criticism of the Huskies -- you do what you have to do to try
and prevent a goal).

Unfortunatly (from my Badger perspetive), in the third period Wisconsin
didn't put the puck in. despite several really good chances, and their
defense collapsed a bit, allowing St. Cloud goal #4. After failing the
clear the zone for a long time, Wisconsin finally iced the puck.  With
a fresh line on the ice, they again failed to get the puck out of the
zone (several clearing passes that just didn't make it past the blue
line) and the Huskies scored.

Wiscosnin came out playing much better than Friday night, but they had
their breakdowns and seemed to lose their edge at times.  The paper
said they recognized that they were loosing their confidence, which
conributed to Michelizzi loosing his confidence, etc. St. Cloud
played hard, and got a very good game from Sjerven -- some of his saves
in the third were fantastic.

Although the Badgers lost, it was a much more entertaining game than
Friday night's OT victory.

In tonight's final game of the series, it will be (in my opinion)
Wisconsin's depth versus St. Cloud's improved confidence. It should be
another good game...

	--david

--------
david parter				university of wisconsin -- madison
[log in to unmask]			      computer sciences department