From:
Cathryn Spreeman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cathryn Spreeman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 15:21:21 -0500
"BTW does anyone know what the

injury was to Ben Eaves?  Was it serious?"

From today's Union Leader (Manchester, NH) in an article written by Allen
Lessels:

"Ben Eaves watched most of the overtime on his back on the bench, looking at
the video screen above the scoreboard while trainer Bert Lenz tried to
relieve the intense pressure and pain of a cramp above his right knee.

'I had a pretty good view,' Eaves said.  'But it was not the view I wanted.'

The pressure and pain in his leg finally broke and Eaves stood to go.  Many
in the crowd of 8,000-plus likely never even knew what hit him and Eaves, in
the middle of a shift, went out to join his linemates, Patrick and Tony
Voce, for a face-off in the Michigan end."

And later in the same article:

"While York and Patrick Eaves sat and sang his praises in the official NCAA
press conference after the game, Ben was again having his leg tended to by
Lenz. Later, standing, and still bothered a bit by the leg, he met the
members of the media in a smaller conference room."

Cathryn C. Spreeman

Office of International Students and Scholars

University of New Hampshire

Hood House

89 Main Street

Durham, NH 03824