From:
Thom Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 21:28:33 -0500
Rick McAdoo wrote:

"While a lot of UNH fans unloaded tickets
to BC folks coming up for the final, there were still plenty of Wildcat
fans there (and to my surprise, most of them appeared to support BC.  I
guess I shouldn't let the flame wars on USCHO color my thinking about the
loyalties of Hockey East fans in general.  It probably didn't hurt that
the
opponent was Michigan, a big-time program that some find too large and
dominant.)"

I was not able to attend the games in Manchester, so really enjoyed Rick's
summary, as humiliating the second Saturday game was. However, no one
should be surprised that UNH fans would root for B.C. over Michigan, as we
still remember getting soundly bounced out of the Semi's in Boston by the
Wolverines in 1998, not to mention what happened the day before in
Manchester, which I sadly watched on TV. And, as Rick noted later in his
write up, UNH has played well against B.C. of late. I do not read the
flame wars on USCHO.COM, so not sure what I am missing there. I do have 8
credits of geology field camp on my c.v. from UMichigan, I did root for
them over the Gophers in the semi's in St. Paul and Buffalo, and I did
pick them to return to the Frozen Four in the Hockey-L contest this year,
but I am glad to see two Hockey East teams going to the Frozen Four
instead. See you in Boston!

Thom Davis
UNH '71
Go Cats!