From:
Pamela Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pamela Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 12:28:33 -0500
I can't speak directly to the Michigan Band, but I know the Minnesota Band had separate pep bands for hockey and basketball (both subsets of the football marching band.)  The NC$$, however, only allows 24 band members (according to a band member posting on PrideOnIce), so what you'll see at the regional will be a smaller subset yet.

My guess is that Minnesota would have enough band members to send bands to the Women's Frozen Four in Providence, the Women's Sweet 16 in Norfolk, and the hockey regional in Grand Rapids this weekend.  Coming up with the money might be the bigger issue.

-Pam Sweeney
Go Gophers!!