From:
Bob Griebel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Griebel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 11:07:48 -0600
Rowe, Thomas wrote:

>I rather suspect the tradition is to play it often enough to irritate
>opposing fans instead of as a service to your own fans.

Tom, how about as a service to their team?

I used to wonder whether the band directors had never read the Internet
or guessed what the reaction of opposing fans is.  Then I surmised they
had read the Internet and fully understand the reactions, but also
understand how the band serves the function of supporting fans.  The
band is one way to take the effect of Yost on the road, especially when
the school only gets 200 tickets for the regional.  I suspect, if we can
just get everyone else to stop cheering for their teams (or maybe limit
cheering to twice a game), it'll be easier to work a deal.  So far, only
the people in Munn seem to be willing to go along.  If those St. Cloud
people can bring those silly cheerleaders, why shouldn't Michigan bring
that silly band?

Bob Griebel

 . . . and just think of those poor Michigan hockey players who have to
listen to it over and over and over.