From:
Carl Ford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carl Ford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 18:22:51 -0500
True, it's not the NHL.  I'm sure that Gopher home games,
on average, are more fun to attend than home games of many
NHL games, certainly the Capitals.  :-)

Based on the Wild ticket prices that you quote, it looks
like most Wild tickets are more expensive than _any_ U
of M ticket, unless some U of M tickets are sold for
more than $25 (I couldn't find any at gophersports.umn.edu).

I'm not surprised that the tickets are the most
expensive in college hockey.  But to see a winning, top-
ranked team in a nice new building for a college sport
where the season-ticket waiting list numbers 1500 (also
from U of M website), $25 for a ticket is NOT THAT MUCH.

Be glad that you get a great product for your money
most of the time.  You're better off than many, many
fans in lots of sports.

Carl Ford

"Victory at all costs, victory in spite of terror, victory
however long and hard the road may be, for without victory,
there is no survival." - Winston Churchill