From:
Carol S White <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carol S White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 11:50:35 -0600
Yes the U of MN Athletic office is self-sufficient, no tax money here,
especially with OUR Governor! ;-)

However, to try and bleed the hockey and basketball fans in order
to support all the other sports, is NOT FAIR.

This has been going on for quite some time now, and instead of letting
certain programs, football especially spend, spend, spend, and not
showing a profit is ludicrous!  There has to be some OTHER way
to make other sports profitable or to spend LESS.

I think (hope) that is what will be discussed at the meetings.
If ticket prices go much higher, I might have to give up my ticket.
Seriously....  All the games are on TV anyway (well almost all of them)

I don't want to be forced to give up my ticket to support the
ENTIRE Athletic program.  :-(

-Carol
GO Gophers!!!