From:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 15:20:09 -0600
Jim Love writes:

>   Well, it seems that the 'Alaska Exemption' does apply *each* year.  My
> understanding is that the 'once every four years' rule does still apply
> to the HoF game and certain Tournaments (most notably the IceBreaker, but
> perhaps other exempted Tournaments like the Stampede as well) ....

It's in the NC$$ Division I Manual, Article 17.  You can Read The Fine Manual at:

http://www.ncaa.com/library/membership/division_i_manual/2001-02/index.html

A quick summary:

Annual exemptions are allowed for:

Conference Championship
Conference Playoff
Season-Ending Tournaments
NCAA Championship Play-In Competition
Alumni Game
Foreign Team in U.S.
Fund-Raising Activity
Celebrity Sports Activity
Game(s) against Active Division I Member in Hawaii or Alaska
Hall of Fame Game
U.S. Olympic Team
U.S. National Team

<< A team can participate in ALL of the above during a season >>

Once-in-Four-Years Exemptions apply to:

Certified Once-in-Four-Years Exemptions
-OR-
Foreign Tour

<< A team can participate in ONE of the above during a season >>

-- Erik