From:
Carl Ford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carl Ford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 10:44:52 -0500
I don't have the chapter and verse from the NCAA Rules,
but PP % is defined as:

(number of goals)/(number of opportunities)

That's pretty cut-and-dried for a 2-minute minor penalty by
itself: a team goes either 0-for-1 or 1-for-1.

On a PP resulting from a 5-minute major penalty, a team
cannot be perfect.  If it scores two goals, it is 2-for-3
on the power play.  Regardless of how much time was left after
the 2nd PP goal, it had another opportunity to score.

If there are several concurrent penalties, keeping track of
this can get really messy.

Carl Ford

"Victory at all costs, victory in spite of terror, victory
however long and hard the road may be, for without victory,
there is no survival." - Winston Churchill