From:
Mel Oliveira <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mel Oliveira <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jan 2002 14:20:27 -0500
I agree there are significant differences in some of the rank positions
between the OSR and the PWR, but I do not see this as a flaw.  The rating is
definitely not perfect.

One of the OSR Rating derivatives is the number of wins versus top ten
teams, as ranked according to the OSR during that week of competition.
Boston University currently has only 1 tie versus top teams.  During January
that should change, as they go up against Northeastern, Boston College, and
New Hampshire.  I put a more detailed description of the OSR Rating on the
web site.