From:
Carol White <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carol White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Dec 2001 08:31:57 -0600
In the first game Providence defeated Western Michigan 4-1 with
the last goal in an empty net.  I only saw the third period
and it seemed that there was not alot of defense which resulted
in the two goals by Providence the end of the period.

In the second game Minnesota defeated Ferris State 3-2. This
game brought back bad memories of our previous game against
Ferris, also in this tournament!  The Gophers were very
shakey and the first three goals were odd bounces! GROAN.

However, the Gophers finally got it together in the third and
tied, then went ahead of the Bulldogs.  It was really funny
seeing the Ferris State uniforms as they resembled the
Duluth Bulldogs very much!  As for the new gold jerseys
that the Gophers were wearing, they were VERY GOLD, never
to be confused with MICHIGAN MAIZE, however they were
missing the M on the front of them. :-(

Day two features Ferris State vs Western Michigan and the
Gophers vs Providence.

-Carol
GO Gophers!!!