From:
David Carroll <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Carroll <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 21:07:42 -0500
First of all, somebody on the list must know - what DID happen to Rick Best?
A goalie who could hang on to the other spot with Tony Esposito had to be
good.  Did he just decide his life led in other directions?  I hope someone
can tell us.  (oh and by the way that line about the Beatles was great)

Someone commented about how goalies get psyched out if they are put in
competition and never know if they'll get a start or not.  I think that is
why most Hockey East coaches I've seen usually alternate.  Unless one of the
goalies is hurt or having an obvious slump, they know they will start in the
set pattern.  Once in a while the coach might shake them up, but it isn't a
constant mind game.

    Dave Carroll
    BU '73