From:
Mike Stock <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Stock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Dec 2001 11:13:44 -0500

Bob,
    I was under the impression that universities, like the
government, were on a cash basis.  So no
depreciation, just repairs and perhaps financing expense
(bonds) for something built in the past.  All
that might wind up charged to the Grounds Department instead
of the Athletic Department anyway.
    As someone else mentioned the revenue is likely a pretty
good number.  I think you are correct that
the expenses might be suspect.  For example: how do they
handle the salary of a coach who teaches a
class?  Is it prorated between an academic department and
athletics?  On what method?
Mike