From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 16:14:54 -0500
Bob Woodbury wrote:

> Perhaps there are other people out there, like me, who was scared away from
> making a post because when we did, when we were new, we were admonished,
> harshly,  for not doing it precisely. I'll read, thank you, not write.

As HOCKEY-L administrator (heh -- bet a lot of you out there didn't realize
there still was one!) I REALLY hope this isn't an ongoing problem.  The list
needs participation and discussion in order to survive, and if there's a
general sentiment of "why bother trying to post, I'll just get flamed" out
there, then HOCKEY-L certainly isn't going to thrive, or even exist.  And even
though a lot of the traffic that used to be on HOCKEY-L now finds its way to
the internet through USCHO and other web sites, it'll still be a sad day for
the sport if this list closes down.

What it boils down to is, if you've got something college-hockey-related, be
it a score, recap, something you've noticed or heard about a player, team, or
coach, or maybe something you've been wondering about -- and if you have the
time to do so -- please post!  Whether you're a newcomer or you've been on the
list forever, whether your knowledge of the sport is encyclopedic or minimal
(just read a Frank Deford article, excuse me), I suspect we'd all like to hear
from you.  And on the flip side, if something you read on the list really
bothers you, please try not to flame through Email (and as always, don't flame
on the list).  Perhaps a polite correction or a request for more explanation
would help the situation.

For my own part, I've tried to be rather loose in terms of moderating
discussions, hopefully stepping in gently if things go off-topic.  If
something about the list is irking you, please let me know; I'm always
interested in ideas to make HOCKEY-L a better forum.

Now I'll see about throwing together some thoughts on last weekend's
Cornell-Yale game...
--
Bill Fenwick
HOCKEY-L Administrator