From:
Linda Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 09:37:06 -0400
Sara Fagan wrote:
The Eagles did have a celebration at Conte Forum yesterday evening.  The TV
stations had  reporters there for reports in their evening broadcasts.  I
kept seeing empty seats behind the newscasters but finally they turned the
camera and there did seem to be a decent sized crowd.  It certainly didn’t
fill the arena but they were there and cheering their Eagles.
The reason there were empty seats behind the newscasters was that BC had
half the seats roped off (only the band sat in that area, as they were part
of the festivities). The crowd was estimated at about 4500 (not bad for a
late Monday afternoon), including a lot of kids and families (it was early
enough on a school night for the young kids to attend). I left work early
to attend the rally, and it was very well done (although it would have been
better if John Rich, the BC hockey radio announcer, was the MC rather than
the loud and obnoxious Ted Sarandis). It was a perfect way to cap off the
greatest season in BC hockey history (at least in my 13 years as a season
ticket holder, anyway).

Looking forward to the banquet on the 22nd.

Congratulations, Eagles!