From:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Apr 2001 13:51:51 -0400
I also interpreted the statement to mean check orders will be
refunded in full.  There is no need to charge a credit card before the
order is filled and I believe that Massachusetts no longer allows
businesses in the state to so.  That said, what is the state of
record for the 2002 tickets? Minnesota? California? Indiana? And
what are those states' consumer laws regarding credit card
purchases?

Sean

On 7 Apr 01, at 9:27, Sara M. Fagan wrote:

> I guess I read that and thought that the word refund was used for
> those cases where checks were sent.  They would need to return or
> thereby refund your check if you didn't get tickets. (Foolish me, I
> thought they would send your check back not cash it and then need to
> write a check out to you.)   I don't know of anyone who charges your
> credit card and then decides if they have the item you ordered.  The
> rules that the NCAA has and operates by are amazing.
>
> By the way, my credit card is now showing only one charge for the
> tickets.  It is just one from TM Rivercenter which is Ticket Master
> Los Angeles.  Hard to believe that St. paul doesn't have Ticket Master
> outlets.  I thought they were everywhere.  They are just about as bad
> as the NCAA but that is another problem.
>
> Enjoy the game.
> Sara
> SLU '77
> Let's go SAINTS!!!00
>

> "Carol S. White" wrote:
>
> > This is from the ticket application on the NCAA website:
> >
> > "Applications will be accepted April 1st - May 1st for tickets
> > (limit of 4 per order).  Following the May 1st deadline, ticket
> > locations will be assigned in a random selection process. Ticket
> > quantities are limited.  Application does not guarantee tickets.
> > Confirmation of ticket purchase will be mailed at the end of May and
> > any unfilled orders will be refunded in full. "
> >
> > The last sentence is the key... they are charging ALL THE
> > ORDERS and will REFUND those that do not get
> > tickets.
> >
> > SO, they are using your money for a couple of months at
> > least.  Another fine example of the NCAA.  :-(
> >
> > -Carol
> > GO Gophers!

Sean Pickett            E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Go Terriers