From:
Eric Burton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric Burton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 17:34:11 -0600
> I think everybody in his/her right mind agrees that the tournament has to
expand to 16 teams (or back down to 8--yecch!) to eliminate the byes.

I agree with the tourney going to 16 teams, but if it doesn't. I dont think
you will see the the Byes being eliminated. I think the Byes are good. Why?
Because the Bye gives some reward for doing good during the regular season
as it should.

No offense but the teams in the WCHA play two games each weekend. SO it is
not like these teams had not played two games in a row.

I know that UND lost two years in a row to the team that played the night
before while they sat idle as well as SCSU lost this past sunday so the
argument do not wash. If a team is going to win a national title they are
going to have to win some games or get a break or two. No one expects a 5th
or 6th team to win a National title anyways. I mean what next should we cut
the number of games the teams in the WCHA, CCHA, HE play so we don't end up
playing more games then the ECAC and the MAAC?