From:
Robert Foulis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Foulis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 14:35:17 -0500
I thought RPI's non-conference schedule was especially weak.
Home: UMass,Mercyhurst,Quinnipiac,Northeastern,Notre Dame,Army
Away: BU,Lowell,Bowling Green*2

Only one of these teams (Mercyhurst) made the NCAAs and ignoring the
MAAC teams, the highest in the PWR is Lowell at 21. I don't see how a team
that plays a schedule like this in a conferenece that is considered the
weakest of the big 4, expects to be considered for an at-large bid.

I do find it even more interesting that the last place ECAC team for the
past 2 years (Brown) had teams like Providence, Maine, St Cloud and
Minnesota on their schedule.