From:
Jim Love <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 14:06:22 -0500
Hi everyone -

On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, Doug Peterson wrote:
> I just received my 2002 Phrozen Phour application from the Xcel Energy
> Center.  The ticket costs are $124.50 + $5.00 handling.  The application
> is good for four tickets.

  Note that the $5 fee is per ORDER, not per TICKET ....

> A question I always ask is answered in the instructions - it asks for
> you to submit group orders together.

  That's true, but take care .... I wrote to Mr Jacobs at the NCAA several
weeks ago re: this very question, and he responded:

>> Every attempt will be made to assign seats together, if requested.
>> However, please be aware that if you have several folks requesting
>> tickets together that have different priority levels, all will be put
>> at the lowest level of those submitted.  For example, four people
>> submit a request for 4 tickets each (16 total). Two have attended five
>> out of five years, one has attended four out of five years, one has
>> attended three out of five years and one has attended two out of five
>> years.  All will be assigned as if they were two out five year people.

  The NCAA 'basis' year is 1997, thus anyone who ordered tickets under the
SAME NAME from 1997 to 2001 would be considered a "five for five" attendee;
if you ordered under different names, bought tickets on the street, or were
part of a group (but didn't actually purchase the tix in your name) you'll
thus slide in priority rank.  Bottom Line - be careful how you group
orders together ....

  Mr. Jacobs also noted:

>> There will be a line on the application form for special requests such
>> as preferred seat location.  Every effort will be made to accommodate
>> these types of requests, subject to availability.

  As we all know from past experience, lower bowl "availability" to the
general public is essentially zero between the face-off circles, so I
can't imagine that many people will actually be all that happy with their
"NCAA-assigned" seat locations ....

> Orders can be mailed or faxed in.  It says return by May 1, 2001, which
> I would to interpret as actually having been received in St. Paul as
> opposed to just postmarked by.

  Hopefully the actual postmark date won't make a difference, but it has
in the past (e.g. Providence) re: where the "cut-off" was established for
lottery participants, so I'd hurry up and submit orders ASAP just to
insure you're in the "early-responders" group ....

  Hope to see many of you in Albany and at the HOCKEY-L dinner that Brian
has organized (all together now - thanks Brian :-) ....

  Cheers from the Chesapeake - Jim