From:
"Satow, Clay" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Satow, Clay
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 09:31:31 -0400
So what ARE the responsibilities of the "Host School"?

It seems like I sent my unrequited request for 2000 Final Four tickets to
the Providence College athletics department, but my "package" application
for 2001 was sent to the Pepsi Arena.  From Anaheim and the Washington and
San Jose bids, it's clear that proximity isn't a requirement.  I also note
that BU is the host school for the Fleet Center bid.  I think they were the
host school for the last Boston Final Four, so why not Northeastern, BC, or
Harvard?

It seems to me like the venue is better equipped to handle ticket
arrangements, and it seems to me that most other tasks could/should be
handled by the NCAA.  For the NCAA, it's an every year thing, so they could
have a permanent staff that does whatever else the host school does.  For
the schools, it's not an every year thing, so it would seem to be a burden
in existing staff.

Clay

[. . . ]