From:
Jim Dahl <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 2000 13:55:21 -0700
Ceteris paribus, perhaps that would be true.  I don't think anyone
expects growth to entail spreading only the current players around more
teams, though.  I think the expectation is that growing the sport also
means increasing youth interest in existing AND new geographies.

So...  more teams leads to more youth interest resulting in a larger
player pool leading to better players so more NHL placement (which may
lead to increase popularity and youth interest).

Jim