From:
"Satow, Clay" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Satow, Clay
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2000 14:08:35 -0400
It may be tough to recover from a two goal deficit, but otherwise, SLU's
strategy more or less ensures that you will be within striking distance of
every game; you won't LOSE any games, you make the other team beat you.

In view of their strength at defense and goal, and in view of their solid
but not flashy forwards, it seems to me that this is a very sound strategy.
Looking at the game last night, they played a team with superior talent to a
standstill, and could have won the game.

Look at what it took to beat them last night.  Two of the goals were
exceptional plays, and a third was a seeing eye shot. On some nights,
Bellefeuille doesn't make that play.  On some nights, Farkas gets knocked
off the puck, goes offside (as a matter of fact, I was surprised that the
play wasn't offside), or Gustafson gloves the shot.  On those nights, SLU
wins.

Clay