From:
Jeff Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2000 12:43:30 -0500
Announcers:
Jack Edwards is a UNH alum, I think.  Moriarity (Sp?) I have never heard of
before.  But didn't he sound a lot like Eurzione.  Both appeared to have BC
bias, but in the first game seemed to favor UND slightly.  I sure am glad
someone told them SLU only had 2000 students, otherwise they would not have
had any info!  Now, what does the amount of enrollment have to do with the
quality of an athletic team?  Does anybody talk about the enrollment at
Duke?  Well, if the whole student body could get on the ice it might make a
difference.

SLU Team:
This team appears to skate on the edge of disaster the entire game and count
on a great goalie to bail them out in times of trouble (opinion based on a
whole two games both seen on TV).  The 3rd period must have had almost 20
odd man rushes for BC.  I kept waiting for the dam to break and BC to score
a few in a row.  The Saints should get credit for hanging in there and came
within inches of sending it to OT.

Was it me or do the Saints struggle or try to be too cute clearing the zone?
It didn't cost them a goal but quite a few good scoring attempts.
Constantly they would make a pass that got intercepted or didn't make the
blue line to clear.  Same was true of the BU game.

Farkas goal was great but I was more impressed with Bellieuve goal.  Hustle
play and then beat Gusty, all shorthanded.  Desrosiers should be ashamed to
let that happen.

I believe SLU returns a good portion of that team for next year.  They could
be dangerous because I doubt they have many solid pro prospects so no early
departures.