From:
Craig Powers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 15:52:06 GMT
> So I raise the question to fans of BU and BC, Maine and UNH:
> if your team's most bitter rival were the only Hockey East team
> in the tournament (maybe even the only eastern team), would you root for or
> against the rival.  I guess the same question could be asked of the
> Michigan/Michigan State rivalry and the any WCHA team/Minnesota rivalry.
> We've heard from Minnesota fans, but do fans of Minnesota opponents feel the
> same way?

I'm a Northeastern fan, and the rivalry with BU is pretty one-sided (i.e., NU
fans are the only ones who see any rivalry there, as BU is more concerned with
BC, Maine, and UNH), but since I hate BU I think I qualify here.  Short
answer - I was rooting for North Dakota three years ago in the championship
game.  That said, I do allow a degree of what's good for the conference to
enter into my considerations, but it's limited.  So I wasn't so unhappy when BU
beat St. Cloud in the prelims, but I still wanted St. Lawrence to beat the
Terriers.  I was hoping the other three HEA teams would make the FF, and two of
them did, so I'm happy.

--
Craig Powers
NU