From:
"Moller, Edward N." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Moller, Edward N.
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 09:18:28 -0400
I'll be cheering for St. Lawrence all the way.  It should come as a surprise
to no one that I am rooting for a SLU-NoDak final.  If it comes down to a
Maine-BC final then I will root for Maine, even though my boss who played
for BC in the 1960's will be sitting right near me.  My wife, sadly, will
root for BC no matter what.  What the hell does she know?  She went to
Lehigh and grew up watching Harvard games.

Last year in Anaheim a Maine fan asked me with great interest who I would be
rooting for in the Maine-BC semifinal.  I told him the answer was simple.
When it comes to Maine, BU fans hate one guy.  At BC, it's the entire
institution.  Several spectators were stunned at the end of the game to see
BU fans throughout the arena hugging each other as though they had won game
7 of the Stanley Cup.  Note to Maine partisans:  remember this whenever you
start crowing about Jack Parker, no matter how uninformed such crowing may
be.

I do take exception to one of John's comments.  Just because a college or
university is nonsectarian doesn't make it pagan.  In fact, BU was founded
as a Methodist institution.  And I don't dislike Notre Dame in general.
Whenever they play BC you won't find a bigger fan.  :-)

GO SAINTS!
GO SIOUX!

I can see the flames already.

Edward N. Moller