From:
Eric Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2000 18:39:04 -0900
Terry,

If you go to http://www.ncaa.org/sponsorships/ on the NCAA web site and
click on "schools sponsoring each sport sorted by division" and then pick
men's ice hockey and run report, you will get a report for all 3 divisions.
Wayne State is currently listed as Division I.  On Nov. 2 when I ran and
saved the report they are listed as Division II.  If you click on the school
name now they are listed as Division II but with men's and women's ice
hockey as Division I.  Alabama-Huntsville as well as Bentley, Mercyhurst,
Findlay, and Bemidji from the MAAC and CHA were and still are listed as
Division II.

There was some question at the beginning of the year as to whether UAH met
the deadline to declare Division I for this year, but I don't remember what
the final outcome was about that.

Eric Carlson