From:
Andrew Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 08:13:47 EST
I also was there in Providence in 1978- where BU won the NCAA.  However, the
thing I remember most was the 8,000 Wisconsin fans all dressed in red
chanting "Sieve, Sieve at BU goalie Jim Craig- or was it Brian Durocher?
They filled up half the arena- and they drove 2,000 miles to do it.

Anyway, verrry intimidating.  We never saw such passion by any fans ever
before, nor since.  The games, unfortunately, have left the memory, but the
Wisconsin fans never will.

After being at numerous Beanpots, ECAC's and BC-BU games (chanting Skidmore-
Skidmore), nothing beat that hockey experience.

Maybe Lake Placid, 1980- but that's another story.

A. Weiss