From:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 23:58:05 -0500
Some ideas in my mind while reviewing the ticket discussion:

Just heard from a very reliable source who is close to the ticket office at
a school
whose women have qualified to play in the hoops Remaining Quartet at the FU
Center in Philadelphia this Friday/Sunday.  Their school received an
allocation
of 700 tickets.  Proportionally, given the much larger venue in Philly
compared to Providence, hoops numbers seems consistent with the allocation
of 400 per school to Providence.

Question: has anyone inquired of the ticket office staff at either the
Civic Center
or the Pond as to what the allocations were between the NC$$, the competing
schools
and the public, either or a straight numerical basis or on a percentage of
capacity ?
Who better to know than these professionals.  Except, of course, if the
NC$$ puts them
under some sort of gag order.

For those who are fortunate to be there next week, on behalf of someone you
know COULD NOT make it, you should visit your team's section, and complain
to the top brass you can find.  It shouldn't be difficult, it seems they're
all going to be there.

If you dislike your seats, see if the suits who are allocated to the lower
bowl don't show, then GO SIT IN THEIR SEATS.  I do recommend waiting until
the end of the first period; if they show up after that, voice your opinion
that if they don't want to see a FULL game, perhaps they should have
returned the seats to the public pool to let a REAL FAN sit there the WHOLE
game...

Finally, after all these discussions it just seems to me that we may not be
too far away from a Hockey Remaining Quartet ticket lottery.   It may come
as soon as a championship in Florida should we renew our acquaintances with
the Mouse.

For those interested, Lindsay and I have seats for Providence, and none to
sell.
And, we finally saw the tape of the Maine semi-final game from Anaheim when
we were on TV (among other notable things).   And no "Hail to the Victors"
this time ==
WHOOPEE !!!!

Dan Doucette

Maine - National Champions 1993 and 1999 -
first in the new Millennium ?

Bill Gates should be sentenced to using a Macintosh
for the rest of his natural life.